CIEE Global Architecture + Design Program in Berlin, Germany
Imagine working with leading experts and innovators to complete a cutting-edge research and design project. Study with Berlin's thought-leaders and practitioners to gain an understanding of architecture and design within an emerging global context. Pursue hands-on design work in a modern studio using the latest technology to address an aspect of the current global environment. And observe centuries of architectural history up close throughout Germany and Europe – all with CIEE.
Study abroad in Berlin and you'll:
- Take part in the Future Cities Design Studio, which features an interdisciplinary perspective, and exciting research and design projects.
- Visit and study landmark buildings by celebrated architects, such as the Reichstag Dome by Foster and Partners and Potsdamer Platz buildings by Renzo Piano Building Workshop.
- Study sustainable development in Berlin, with guided visits to sites such as the Holzmarkt and Spreefeld, experimental cooperative housing and urban farming culture.
- Enjoy excursions to local places of interest such as the Bauhaus in Dessau and the Baroque palaces of Potsdam.
- Take guided overnight study tours to important European cities such as Hamburg and Dresden, and exchange with other Global AD students studying in Barcelona and Prague.
- Hear from, and interact with, visiting faculty and professionals during a series of lectures, critiques, and in-class visits.
Please check the CIEE website for final program dates, and speak with your CIEE Study Abroad Advisor prior to booking airfare.
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Academic Year||2018||04/30/2018 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Fall||2018||04/30/2018 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.