CIEE Russian Language Program in St. Petersburg, Russia
Did you know that about 170 million people speak Russian as a first language, and it's the second language of another 100 million? It's a challenging language to learn, but CIEE's Russian Language program will get you there – fast. Via rigorous coursework, homestays with local families, peer language partners, field trips and excursions, other extracurricular activities, and volunteering, you'll improve your command of Russian in and around one of the world's most culturally and historically rich cities.
Study abroad in St. Petersburg and you'll:
- Take part in the longest-running study abroad program in Russia in magnificent St. Petersburg where the entire downtown is a protected UNESCO World Heritage site
- Live with a local Russian host family for maximum linguistic and cultural immersion
- Participate in optional volunteering projects and have the option to participate in the CIEE Alternative Break volunteer trip, all organized through a well-developed network of contacts St. Petersburg and other Russian cities that facilitate integration into Russian society
- Participate in local excursions, field trips to Moscow, Kazan or Pskov, and exclusive tours and performances
- Become a member of a unique alumni network of remarkable individuals who have studied in St. Petersburg since the opening of the Study Center in 1967
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Academic Year||2018||04/30/2018 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Fall||2018||04/30/2018 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Spring||2019||10/15/2018 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.