IFSA-Butler is pleased to offer this unique program in partnership with the University of California at San Diego.
Non-UCSD students may participate but must apply through UCSD. Non-UCSD students are encouraged to contact Tonia Pizer by e-mail or phone at 858-534-1123 with any questions regarding the program, its content or requirements.
What this program has to offer
• The chance to live and study in one of Britain's most culturally rich cities for five weeks
• A unique opportunity to take UCSD courses in Scotland's beautiful setting
• Courses that focus on history, taught in the heart of historic Edinburgh
• Courses taught by a UCSD professor
• Program balances coursework with excursions, events and activities
• Students live in a university residence hall within walking distance from classes
• En-suite accommodation (private bathrooms) available
• Housing is within walking distance of the city center
• The curriculum includes two courses: Scotland and the English Civil War, 1601-1660; and The Origins of Religious Freedom in England and America, 1530-1791
• Students earn a total of 6 U.S. semester credit hours
• Courses are taught by a UCSD