CIEE Community Public Health Program in Khon Kaen, Thailand
According to the World Health Organization, Thailand has “a long and successful history of health development,” yet it continues to struggle with public health issues such as HIV/AIDS and tuberculosis. On CIEE’s Community Public Health program, you’ll examine these issues and more on regional and national levels through classroom instruction, fieldwork, and research with the help of health agencies, and visits to local communities. Plus, you’ll develop your Thai language skills, and explore this youthful, educated hub.
Study abroad in Thailand and you will:
- Interact and engage with villagers, academic researchers, government officers, and practitioners working to improve public health in Thailand
- Visit various public health facilities and participate in community research stays
- Visit another Southeast Asian country to compare and contextualize your knowledge of public health systems
- Direct enroll at Khon Kaen University’s Faculty of Public Health
- Engage in Thai culture through community stays, translated exchanges, Thai student roommates, and peer tutors
Find out more.
Please check the CIEE website for final program dates, and speak with your CIEE Study Abroad Advisor prior to booking airfare.
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Spring||2019||10/15/2018 **||Rolling Admission||01/15/2019||05/16/2019|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.