Embrace your inner jetsetter and explore healthcare issues from the perspective of the British and Dutch. Begin your study abroad experience in London researching the challenges facing the British National Health Service. Next, travel to Amsterdam, and investigate culturally sensitive issues like euthanasia and global issues like elder care.
Enjoy a series of guest lectures and site visits that bring you into contact and conversation with professionals in the field.
Develop leadership skills for matters critical to health.
Develop ethical and evidence-based policy opinions by looking at public health through various societal lenses.
Excursions - London
- From London, take a one-day trip to Oxford or Cambridge and explore the beautiful old cities and world-famous universities.
- Visit the famous Tower of London, the bastion located in the heart of the city.
- Explore London’s central sites in the City of Westminster, taking in vistas such as Buckingham Palace, Whitehall, St James Park, Westminster Abbey, Big Ben, and the Palace of Westminster.
- From London, go on an overnight trip to a location such as Wales, the north of England, Northern Ireland, Ireland, or Scotland.
- Explore London’s trendy districts such as Camden, Borough, and Shoreditch.
- Experience authentic Shakespeare at the Globe Theatre on the banks of the River Thames.
Excursions - Amsterdam
- From Amsterdam, take a one-day trip into the countryside and visit an old medieval castle, a small, authentic fisherman’s town, or small Dutch city filled with history.
- Take a trip to Rotterdam, The Hague, or Utrecht – each significant in its own right – and compare your observations to what you know of Amsterdam.
- Go on a bike tour through Amsterdam’s countryside.
- Attend an outside movie-night at a popular city beach, a concert, a play, a flea market, or special exhibition in one of Amsterdam numerous museums.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Mandatory orientations – an introduction to London and Amsterdam culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Summer||2020||02/01/2020 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.